Don’t you know the best ways how to create backlinks for your website? Don’t worry, follow these tips on how to get backlinks for your newly build website. In this blog, we are going to talk about it in detail and also explore the top 12 ways to earn backlinks for your website.
How to Get Backlinks for Your Newly Build Website
1. Analyze Your Current Backlink Profile (The “Second Serving” Technique)
Is your website brand new? If so, you’ll need to move on to the next technique.
After a matter of months (or faster if you’re actively marketing it), your website will start to attract free backlinks. Right away, I noticed that the website has already earned a number of backlinks from authoritative websites. Look at the Date column to see when the free backlinks submitter came out. If it was a couple of months ago or longer, you could quite reasonably ask for another backlink—another serving of SEO juice, if you will.
2. Ask Your Friends for Backlinks (the Right Way)
Building on the same theme, let’s go back to your network to request more free backlinks. However, this method only works if you do it the right way.
- The Wrong Way:
- The Right Way:
3. Reach Out to Industry Publications and Websites
- Use Google search to find blogs and publications
- Visit the websites you find in Step 1
- Start the outreach process to ask for free backlinks
4. Repurpose Your Content
Creating content is hard work!
What if you could create one piece of content and get three different backlinks from it? It’s easy when you use content repurposing.
5. Appear as a Guest on Podcasts
- Create a few highly valuable pieces of content
- Search Google for industry-related podcasts
- Listen to one podcast episode with a guest
- Visit the podcast website and look for information on how to become a guest
- Appear as a guest on the podcast
- Ask the podcast host to include backlinks to your website in the show notes
6. Write High-value Comments on Websites
While these backlinks don’t always pass along SEO juice, they help you to build relationships and send higher-quality traffic to your website. This approach also helps to build your network and opens the door for guest posts later.
7. Use Your Social Media Profiles
This is an easy win! Review your company’s social media profiles and make sure your URL is there. There are three ways to get free backlinks from social media.
- Your social media profile:
- Social media posts and updates:
- Social media posts and updates from other people.
You May Also Like
8. Be Inspired by Your Competitors
Researching your competitors for free backlink ideas is a tried and true strategy. To get started, enter your competitor’s domain into Monitor Backlinks.
Let’s say you had a website that competed against cospot.com. In the screenshot below, you can see the backlink status of their competitors by clicking on the “Competitor Links” tab:
9. Turn Brand Mentions into Backlinks
This technique is best suited for established websites seeking to earn free backlinks. Once your website has been online and promoted for 6-12 months, you’re more likely to get brand mentions.
Use the following steps to get these highly valuable branded backlinks:
2. Set up Google Alerts for the keywords you identified above
3. Review the brand mentions that come up in Google Alerts
Each time you see your brand keywords mentioned, ask yourself, “is it a promising free backlink?” If somebody’s speaking positively about your website and products, great—you have the potential to get a backlink. If the brand mention is negative, you can still try to get a backlink, but you’ll have a lower chance of success.
4. Start the outreach process
In your outreach messages to the website owner, explain that you came across their website and noticed that they mentioned your brand. Thank them for the mention, and simply ask them to create a link to your site.
10. Interview an Industry Expert
Interviewing an industry expert has several advantages. First, you get to learn and network with an industry leader. Second, that person is likely to share and link to the published interview on their blog and social media.
Oh, and did we mention that it helps you to build your network?
Use this checklist to organize and carry out your first interview:
1. Choose your interview format
There are three popular formats: written, audio and video. Choose the format that you have the most experience in so that you feel confident.
- Model your interview style and questions on successful interview podcasts
- Create a shortlist of industry experts
- Reach out to experts to request an interview
- Conduct the interview
- Publish and promote the interview and ask for backlinks
11. Leverage Broken Backlinks
Searching for the best ways how to get backlinks for your website? For this broken links work like magic. Broken backlinks make the web a poorer place. You can make everyone’s life better by fixing them. So how exactly do you find those broken backlinks?
Reach out to the website owner to request they use one of your URLs instead of the broken URL on their website. Remember that asking a website owner to fix a broken backlink requires some tact and diplomacy. Don’t make this request through public messages like a Tweet because you’re likely to embarrass or anger the website owner.
12. Create Content About Your Favorite Software, Consultants, and Vendors
- New service offering.
- SEO keywords.
Unique selling proposition.
As we have seen some of the greatest ways how to get backlinks for your new build or running website. All these methods are highly effective and followed by professionals around the world. You should try these methods.